The process of getting an Ethical Hacker certification
About ethical hackers
Ethical hackers or white hat hackers are the persons who use the process of hacking in a lawful manner to look at the various loopholes in the online system and hence correct it using the same tools that are used by malicious hackers for destructive purposes. Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) is the qualification that legally allows these hackers to assess the security of a website under the legal and authentic radar. For that, the examination of ceh certification needs to be passed and this article further elucidates on the same.
The goals of the examination
The following are the prime goals for conduction of exams pertaining to this certification: –
- To ascertain that the individual possesses the minimum required qualifications on the professional web security system that can be sued for the ethical hacking measures of improving the cyber security
- Make the process of ethical hacking as a self-regulatory process, such that the certified individuals can start their own firms lawfully
- Meet the expected public standards and come under the qualitative pool of ethical hackers
Based on these goals, the level of the ceh certification is set such that the best talent only comes on board.
The detailing on the exam
The examination for the certification consists of 125 multiple choice questions that have to be attempted within 4 hours. The standard of the questions differs from one year to another and on the basis of that, the passing score is decided. Each of the sets of questions undergoes the beta testing to ensure that difficulty does not reach the excessive level and hence, on an average the cut-off score for ceh certification lies in between 60 percent to 85 percent.
Undergoing the preparatory course
One can find a number of courses on the internet that provide the guidance for the preparation of the exam, but only the best selection ensures that the required quality of guidance is achieved. Hence, the following are some factors that need to be considered before registering for any: –
- The course content and its resonance with the current pattern of the examination
- The credentials of the team of instructors and how effectively do they guide during the preparation course
- The level of difficulty of the practice paper for ceh certification and its comparison with the main examination
- Cost of the overall course such that it falls within the budget limits
- Good recommendations on the forum from the past test makers thus giving proof on the quality
Hence, in a nutshell, it can be concluded about the importance of CEH certification in pursuing a career in ethical hacking and only best preparation ensures the chances of getting selected into the same.